The Home Shopping Process
OK, now that you’re pre-approved, we know what you can afford.
That doesn’t mean you need to buy a home for as much as you’re approved for. In fact, it’d be great if we can find you a great home for less than you can afford, right? Well, as long as it fits your wants and needs, of course…
What do you need in the home you buy? If you haven’t already gone over this with me, give me a list of your “must haves” and your “wish list”.
Now we can look at all of the homes that meet your criteria and are within your approved budget.
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.